Akufo-Addo promotes 5 DCOPs, 16 ACPs
The President has promoted five Deputy Commissioners of Police (DCOPs) to the rank of Commissioners.
Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo also promoted 16 Assistant Commissioners of Police (ACPs) to the rank of Deputy Commissioners of Police.
The promotions which take effect from January 1, 2020, were done upon the recommendation of the Police Council, a release from the Ghana Police Service said Friday.
The new Commissioners are:
1. DCOP/Mr Samuel Monney, Director-General/Technical Department
2. DCOP/Nana Asomah Hinneh, Director-General/Human Resource Department
3. DCOP/Mr Ebenezer Francis Doku, Director-General/Special Duties
4. DCOP/Mr Patrick Atampugre Akolgo, Director-General/National Protection Department
5. DCOP/Mr Edward Tabiri, Director-General/Police Intelligence Department
The Deputy Commissioners are:
1. ACP/Barima Tweneboah Sasraku, Deputy-Director General/CID
2. ACP/Mr Kwadwo Antwi Tabi, Director of Education
3. ACP/Mr Wilfred Boahen Frimpong, Deputy Regional Commander, Bono
4. ACP/Mr Edmund Ohene Bosompem, Commanding Officer, NPTS
5. ACP/Mr Okyere Darko Asumadu, Deputy Regional Commander, Bono East
6. ACP/Mr Afful Boakye Yiadom, Deputy Regional Commander, Eastern
7. ACP/Mr Iddi Lansah Seidu, Director, Marine, Ports and Harbour
8. ACP/Mr Stephen Adane-Mensah, Deputy Director, Service Workshop
9. ACP/Mr Anderson Fosu-Ackaah, Central MTTU Commander
10. ACP/Mr Mohammed Fuseini Suraji, United Nations
11. ACP/Dr Sayibu Pabi Gariba, Director of National Operations