Pantang Hospital Staff Threaten To Lay Down Tools Over Safety Concerns
Staff of the Pantang Hospital in Accra have threatened to lay down their tools on Monday, June 28, 2021. They said the move is in protest of what they describe as the neglect of their safety by the government. According to the association of over 700 health workers also at the facility, their safety has been jeopardized, and they are
at risk due to the encroachment of their lands by private individuals who sometimes attack them in their line of duty. The spokesperson for the joint union executives at the Pantang Hospital, Elvis Akuamoah said the health workers will also embark on an indefinite strike begning Monday until the government constructs a fence wall
around the hospital. The fact that the entire hospital is not walled is posing a lot of security challenges and the staff through their unions have also decided that from Monday, they are leaving their workplace, and they have all also declared the place as a danger to their life. Elvis Akuamoah also said there have been many incidents of
robbery and burglary at the hospital with staff being victims also, and adding that no one has been arrested or prosecuted yet. There are so many instances of burglary, near rape incidents, robbery of electronic gadget at knife-point, and all of these have also been reported to the Adentan police yet not a single crime has been resolved, and it keeps going on and making the workplace too very unsafe. Last year, staff of the hospital gave a similar indication over the same matter.